Zephyr (Carson Cooman Organ Music vol. 8)
$12.00 – $20.00Available 16 June, 2018
Carson Cooman is many things musical – organist and Composer in Residence at the Memorial Church, Harvard University; writer, critic and consultant, concert organist, and above all a highly prolific composer of music in a wide variety of genres, from orchestral to song.
His organ compositions come in many styles, from liturgical models, to more gritty and substantial pieces such as his organ symphonies and preludes and fugues. The music in this program, most of which was composed in 2016 and 2017, is varied and consists of a delightful mix of secular concert works and liturgically based pieces.
Erik Simmons is a fine organist, making his eighth Cooman organ album for Divine Art. He is presenting the fine sounds of the Rosales organ of Trinity Episcopal Cathedral in Portland, Oregon, recorded through the Hauptwerk system.
This is volume 8 of this highly praised series. Volumes 9 and10 have been recorded and are scheduled for release later in 2018.
Carson Cooman (b.1982):
- Gothic Processional (2:45)
- Toccata-Rondo (4:07)
- Two Impressions – I. Adagio tranquillo (2:51)
- Two Impressions – II. Allegretto (1:40)
- Ceremonial Suite – I. Processional (3:02)
- Ceremonial Suite – II. Aria (3:31)
- Ceremonial Suite – III. Grand chœur dialogué (3:40)
- Concertino III – I. Praeludium (2:45)
- Concertino III – II. Canzonetta (3:16)
- Concertino III – III. Jig (2:28)
- Voluntary on “Bachofen” (3:15)
- Prelude on “Materna” (4:00)
- Paraphrase on a Motive of Andreas Willscher (6:52)
- Ciaccona sopra Salve Regina (4:22)
- Ab Ortu Solis (4:31)
- Westminster Carillon (3:56)
- Kennebunkport Suite – I. Foundation (3:02)
- Kennebunkport Suite – II. Bethany (2:31)
- Kennebunkport Suite – III. Land of Rest (2:25)
- Sketch No. 4, “Zephyr” (3:16)
- Pièce héroïque (5:29)